Tuesday, October 16, 2007

About time for a review!


Recently, I broke down and bought another mountain bike with the intention to ride several miles a day, but never really go to the riding part so much. I'd say I have about 100 miles logged into it so far, no where near what I wanted on it yet. Anyhow, I figured I would do a short review on the bike just incase someone else is shopping around.
All in all, the Cannondale F6 with CO2 Frame Technology is pretty good. It's my first mountian bike with the Rapid Fire shifters, and it's taken some time getting used to them. My previous bike (which I stupidly sold to a friend in Alaska!) was a Cannondale Super V-500. Yellow in color, this full suspension was a great bike. I should've never sold it. But I did, and time to move on. This year, I finally bought another Cannondale but decided to go with a hardtail this time...the F6. For what I was using it for, and since I'm in need of some conditioning for riding again, I started off in the middle-lower range. But it's almost a sin to call this a mid-lower range bike. It's got a lot to offer, at a "not a lot" price. With the front suspension traveling in harmony with the roads, its smooth. The shifting is flawless, and the braking is appropriate. Although there could be some more bells and whistle's to it, I certainly can't complain. Later on down the road, I wouldn't mind upgrading some of the components since those are kinda "entry level." As far as looks, there is the "Race Red" pictured above, then there is the "Lightning White" color which is what I have. At first I wasn't a fan of the "Lightning White", but it grew on me. In summary, if you're looking to get back into riding and plan on upgrading after some time...this is the bike. I'm a firm believer in the quote, "You get what you pay for." After a few weeks of shopping around, this was a wise choice. Now if I could just get the time and motivation to get back on the thing, and log in some miles!

1 comment:

Irish said...

Nice Bike man! Griffy brought mine down from the lake, so we'll have to go ride the new trail at Moraine some time? Of course that would mean I'd actually have to find some free time, which won't happen this week, but maybe week after next?