Wednesday, April 11, 2007

You got owned!!


Yes, I did get owned...in racquetball. Yesterday, is the first time I played in about +4 years, and I got my ass handed to me. And I have to credit my brother, Griffin, with those wins. We must have played about 8-10 games. I was starting to feel exhausted after about the 4th game, and we took a break. After the break, I started to finally get more than 3 points. Yea, I know...3 lousy points. I was looking for ways to gain strategy with my brother as he was out playing me. I finally found it with my serve. I found my serve that I used to be so good in, and I took full advantage of it. At about game 7-ish, I finally managed to get about 8 points, then 10 points. And I swore that I wasn't leaving until I beat my brother. And then the odds looked slim as there was 2 guys waiting to get in the court. It was our last game...my last shot in redemption. I had a 2 point lead. Then to 3...then to 4. Finally, it was game point...14-10. I hear my brother chant, "No pressure, don't choke" echo throughout the racquetball court. I serve it, and waited...and waited...NO RETURN! Match point! I finally WIN!!!! There is much credit to my brother as he seriously whooped me in the previous games, but at least I finally managed to squeeze a victory out my ass! Hey bro, thanks again for the bruise you gave me in the middle of my back...jerky! I'll take that as a badge of honor!

No comments: