Monday, April 16, 2007

From high to low...


This past weekend, I had reserve duty and I usually go to the base first to get issued a hotel room. Nothing unusual, right? Wrong. This weekend, they were expecting 3 other "outside" groups and things were getting packed. So my usual stay at the Holiday Inn wasn't going to happen, as it was full. The lady tells me I'll be staying at the Raddison...which is usually a real nice hotel. But here was the problem...it was almost halfway back from home! So, basically I just waisted my time and money driving all the way to the base and then given a room at a hotel over a third of the way back home. Well, I of course wasn't too happy about the whole thing and cursed the whole way to the hotel. I checked in, and found out every room had the "Sleep Number" bed in it. At that point, I was ok with having to come all the way back to the Raddison. Then I walk in the room...JACKPOT BABY! There was a jacuzzi in there, with the king size Sleep Number bed. I was in heaven! So, at that point I was definately ok making the extra long haul. The HIGH.

Now, let's fast forward a day to Sunday. After driving all day (9 hours to be exact) to Atlantic City, I was ready for a nice evening of sleep. I checked in at the Holiday Inn on the Boardwalk, and went to my room. Well, I walked in the room and about puked. There was a smell of humid funk in the room, and it just felt dirty. I was willing to accept the funk and rough it out as I was only there for 5 days. Well, I get ready for bed, pull back the sheets and inspected the bed. Now, I'll disclose some secret information my wife has taught me. She made the mistake on telling me to look at the bottom of the bed to make sure no one has put crap at the bottom of the bed. When I say crap, I mean crap-shit-poop, whatever you want to call it. So, with this now deadlocked in my head (till the day I day unfortunately) I look. No poop. I start with my forward motion just about to lay down while something else catches my eye. I stop dead in my tracks and look closely. It's broken glass! And it's all over the bed-under the sheets. I call the front desk, and get my room changed. Now, I'm on room #2 and it too is humid and has a very slight funky smell. No where near as bad as the previous one. I tough it out for the night. The next day, I realize there is mold on the ceiling over in the corner, and there is pieces falling on the nightstand next to the bed...and the wireless internet doesn't work in that room. So, I call again and get my room changed. Now, I'm on room #3. So far, so good. (knock on wood) The LOW.

The bad thing is, it's not like I'm even that picky or prissy about room quality. Just as long as I can live in it. So for future referense (or future warnings), don't stay at the Holiday Inn at the Boardwalk. It's nasty as all hell! I would feel cleaner if I rolled around in an oil spot at a truck rest stop. Somebody do something about this place!!!!

1 comment:

Ace said...

UPDATE: Here I am, still at the Holiday Inn, and all my shit is stuck in the room's safety deposit box. I had to call front desk, and they sent maintenance up to break er' open. It took 2 guys, and it looked like they were trying to eff a sheep. Not to mention I almost lost an eye when the guy was using a pry bar and a screwdriver...the prybar slipped sending the flat headed screwdriver past my head and into (yes, into) the wall. When will this train wreck of a stay end?