Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Got Stress?


Ok, so it's not as bad as what some people may be going through. But it certainly adds stress to myself as well my family.
Jobs.
One of the biggest stressors (I feel) we have due to countless factors...job security, job application, job interview, did I even make the list for an interview, how much does it pay, is it a permanent or temporary position, the list goes on and on. Well, since I'm an impatient person, it drives me nuts to wait and find out if I either made a list of referred people, when the interview is, and did I get the job. Right now, I have about 3 things going for me, but it's the "sit and wait game." And I'll be leaving for a week for reserves here pretty soon, and I'm afraid that I'll miss a phone call and worse yet...miss the opportunity for an interview. Now, I know there are laws to help protect that about military reserve members and allowing them time to still get the opportunity for an interview. But none the less, it's a stress factor. I've been told once before, "It's out of your hands so don't worry about it." I disagree since every application has a fighting chance...just as long as your qualified for the job, and you don't get screwed by the "good ol' boy" syndrome. You know, the people that know people and get the "special referral" to the person that hire's. I guess I'll leave all that to fate, but still between the time I put my application in, and the time I get an answer back...the stress will be there chipping away at my lifespan! Isn't life wonderful??

1 comment:

The Original MAJ said...

Just remember, any time you're stressed, that you're doing the work that 90% of the population doesn't, can't, or won't do. And don't think because I haven't been very vocal that I haven't been around.

:)