Saturday, November 24, 2007

A breath of fresh air...finally!

Well, on many occasions, I have alot to be thankful for. This Thanksgiving was definately one to remember. Earlier on in the week, I had 2 interviews. One was a person to person interview (as most are) on Monday, and the other was a telephone interview on Tuesday. Well the interview I had on Tuesday, I received a call back later that afternoon I was offered that job...a Fire Inspector position. Only bad thing is, I would have to relocate to a different state and start all over again with the family. Which we were all ready to commit to...UNTIL the next morning. I get another phone call about the job I interviewed for on Monday...the local Firefighter job. Well once again, I was offered that one too. 2 job offers in 2 days??? INSANE! Now the toughest decision to make...which one! Of course one paid more, but meant moving. The local one was nothing to turn your head at, since the pay was still very attractive. I of course decided to stay local, and accept the firefighter job...not the fire inspector. Anyhow, as good as it felt to have the "ball in my court", I feel like a ton, no make that a million tons of bricks off my shoulders. I don't remember the last time I felt this relaxed. A true breath of fresh air! FINALLY!

No comments: