Sunday, March 25, 2007

Penny sucking leeches!


You may, or may not know this already, but this is something easily looked over. The other night, I thought it would be nice if my daughter and I would go out for a bite to eat at McDonald's. The main reason I decided to go there, was because of the Shamrock Shakes they usually have at this time of year...which they surprisingly didn't have them only being a week after St. Patricks Day. Anyhow, we had a nice, quiet dinner and my wife calls up and asked if they had chicken noodle soup. My son was sick, and since I was already there to get it nice and warmed, she asked me to grab some. No big deal, right? Well, I walk to the counter and ask if they had any, which they did. She goes and gets it, and rings it up...$2.08. And that was for a small. I get back home and drop it off to my wife, and just as I pass it to her, I drop the receipt. After the exchange, I picked up the receipt and looked at it. Not that I was really pissed about this, but there was a .12 cent surcharge for a "dining in." First of all, I did ask her for a take out bag of chicken noodle soup, but that's not so much an issue. I began to think about this, and wondered how many people each day go in and get items to go, and get that surcharge. The amount of money they "steal" has got to add up to a lot of money. Figure, 15 million customers a day, times .12 cents? That's $1,800,000!! A DAY!!! And that's just McDonalds! Take in consideration of all the other fast food chains. Well, I never thought I would be such a cheap ass to look at my receipt to ensure a insignificant .12 cent surcharge is added, but I think from now on I will. Just for the principle of not giving that .12 cents to them. It's not like I even eat out that much to begin with, but can you believe how much profit is made in one day from rediculous charges like a "dining in" surcharge? Unreal...

No comments: