Friday, May 30, 2008

Home Sweet Headache?


Well, I finally did it...plunged into financial suicide. I would have to say for about over a year now, I've been looking for a house to buy. I was never pressured since we are only renting right now so it was no big deal. Well, once we saw this house, and the location, my wife and I got excited. As you can see, the house is in great shape on the outside, and needs some updating on the inside. Certainly not bad for a "Vintage" house. The neighborhood is really quiet, and it's actually real close to my brothers house. It's almost everything we were looking for...with the exception of a garage, and a little acreage. But all in all, I feel it's a great starter house and a great investment. I've met with a contractor and we went over things that I wanted to get done. Getting a new bath, a new kitchen, and a completely new electrical service to include all new wires, switches, outlets, and so on. All for less than $100k! It really is a steal, and thankfully just inside our budget...just! Inside, it has plaster walls which I'll eventually tearing out and putting real good insulation in and putting up new dry wall. Hopefully sooner than later, but that will come with time. The house was one of the original houses in its area, I'm guessing over 100 years old but still in great shape. The great thing is, just about every house around it is worth well over $150k, so the value should definately be in the positive. Just hopefully everything goes as planned and we can afford things!! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

wartimefirefighter said...

How's the home coming?

-Damien

Bluey said...

hey, belated congrats, seawall. Looks like a nice house!