Friday, July 27, 2007

Mile high club?


We never even came close to being a mile! Several feet of air is what separated us from the top of the tree's. The other day, I got the chance of a lifetime to go up in one of the Army's Blackhawks and fly on one of their missions. Considering this was my first time in a helicopter, it was definately a flight to remember. Kudos to the pilots as they were fighting the gusty winds that day as we flew over the scenic Wisconsin farm lands. Fighting the winds myself, you can see the doors were wide open and I was in the "hot seat." It was great being able to look down and see the land go by at break neck speeds; then to only see it disappear as we banked hard to the right and all I could see was a blue cloudy sky. Then another hard bank to the left, and all I can see are trees and grasslands upclose and personal. After getting my stomach out of my ankles, we leveled off and cruised for a while. Overall, the flight was a blast and it was great to see parts of Wisconsin that many locals probably haven't. If ever given the chance, I would highly recommend. Thanks again to the flight crew for allowing us to go up! Definately a new perspective of the other branches and what they do.

No comments: