Saturday, September 23, 2006

Mr. Hockey ain't got nothing on me!


So for the first time in over 12 years, I played a pick-up game of ice hockey tonight. And it's probably been over 9 years since I last played roller hockey. So needless to say I was real rusty. But overall, I'd have to say I didn't too bad especially since it's been so long. I made a few good plays, and I felt great afterwards...well, with the exception of a couple blisters on the inside of my heels. I think I would've made ol' Gordie proud. I do have to apologize to Cullster since I made a nice head on collision with him. I was looking to my left, and I noticed something last minute on my right and it was too late to stop. It was the old "deer in the headlight" factor. And it's not like I can stop on a dime either, so we collided with force. Actually, come to think of it, I was laying on the ice more than I was probably up on my skates! Hell, if I didn't know any better, you could have just called me a zamboni! I'd charge full steam ahead, and just when I realized that I needed to stop, I'd try to slam on the brakes with no luck and end up with a face full of slush! But I had a blast doing it all. And I'm even though I'm exagerating a little, I still plan on making this a full time deal. One thing is for certain, and I'm feeling my age a little after tonight. Of course the factors would include me not working out or being physically active as much as I should, so may this will help. So maybe when I continue with this bi-weekly tradition, I'll be able to feel like I should at this ripe age of 27. Well, it's time for me to shower up and end this pointless blog entry. Maybe my next entry will actually be interesting!

No comments: